Meguiar's 3000 Grade - Unigrit Finishing Sand Paper
Meguiar's Unigrit Finishing Papers are used by many professional detailers and body shops. Sand paper comes in handy for detailers when performing touch up work, removing deep scratches and imperfections (such as etched water spots or bird droppings), removing orange peel, and restoring oxidized and faded headlights.
Ideally, you want to soak the sand paper overnight in water to help achieve the most uniform finish. Lubricate the surface with a mixture of shampoo and water in a spray bottle. Sand in one direction, do NOT use a swirling motion. We always recommend starting with the least aggressive sand paper and working your way up to a more aggressive paper as needed. 2000 grade sand paper is a good starting point to assess how deep the imperfections are. This can usually be polished out cleanly by most medium cutting polishes. The higher the grade you use, the easier the sanding marks are to get out. The lower the grade, the more aggressive the sand paper is.
Please note, the box is shown in the picture to designate what grade sand paper is being offered. No box is included unless you order a quantity of 25 for a single grade. Price is per 9" x 5.5" Sheet.
- Unigrit leaves behind a smooth, even sanding pattern that can easily be buffed out
- Surface to be sanded should be in the shade and cool to the touch
- Soak Unigrit Finishing Paper in water for at least 15 minutes prior to use
- Use some automotive shampoo mixed with water for added lubrication while wet sanding
- Always sand in one direction
- Start with the least aggressive (highest grade) sand paper that gets the job done
Note : For use by experienced professionals only. Sanding Papers can cut through clear coats down to bare metal in the hands of the inexperienced.
You have been warned!
We Also Recommend